If you saw the tracker today, you may have noticed I wasn’t moving in the right direction. All is fine aboard, I hove-to for 4 or 5 hours to work on the mainsail, and got her mainly (get it) sorted out. The funny part was drilled a hole in the sail to allow lashing the batten car to the sail. Weird experience drilling a hole in your sail. Once the batten cars were sorted out I made sure the outer reef line blocks were attached to the sail securely.
Quick aside: is the carrick bend the right knot to tie dyneema to itself? If knot (see what I did there?), can someone advise the correct knot. If someone can forward some tying directions that would help. It’s probably in Bowditch somewhere, but may knot be very helpful.
Finally I found a 12″ rip along the luff just below the 3rd reef point. After despairing for a few minutes, I got out the needle and thread and set about stitching it up. It took me maybe 2 hours, but it is sewn up. I think it will need a patch stitched around it also to spread the load, so I will have to keep a close eye on it and plan that project soon. Shout out to Yolanda Vilchis: you were missed today!
The gooseneck pin and jib halyard issues are still nagging me as clear solutions are elusive.
Big fun full moon tonight.